What is THR?
What is it? Ever have the sense that while life gets busier it just feels emptier?
The Happiness Retreat aims to give you a proper break to reflect and renew – think “Champneys with meaning”. As you relax in your calming surroundings, we will ease you out of the day-to-day stressors of modern life and into what really matters. You living each day to the full, feeling good and functioning well. In one word – flourishing.
Based on the science of positive psychology; we’re here to help you take hold of the steering wheel and live your best life with a sense of meaning and purpose.
We offer you activities, workshops and ideas that will help you discover what makes your life worth living. A retreat to feed mind, body and spirit. All in the comfort of a boutique hotel.
Who is it for? This is for you if you are:
Feeling stressed or maybe a bit lost and wondering if this is all there is to life. If you’re consumed by work and time off is merely a pause in the never-ending treadmill, you may need something different.
What you’ll get
- Scientifically grounded tools to improve your wellbeing
- A meaningful break from the day-to-day
- Quality input from experienced facilitators, balanced with your own reflection time
- Insight into the authentic you and what really makes you happy
- Deep conversation around what gives life meaning
- A stronger sense of direction and purpose
- New, positive habits
- A digital detox
What happens? Over the course of 5 days you can experience as many of the following workshops as you would like to with our in-depth retreat programme:
- Introduction to happiness – what does the science say and what does it mean for you
- Exploring emotions – what’s your emotional landscape and how can it become more helpful for you
- You at your best – what are your strengths and how can you apply them
- Positive relationships – which connections can you cherish and strengthen
- Silver linings – how can you build resilience when you need it most
- Building positive habits – the small things that make the biggest difference: optimism, gratitude and savouring
- What matters to me – a focus on meaning and purpose, what’s your legacy
- A positive future – setting goals for your best possible self to go forward
- (Optional) – savouring practice with a local wine tasting tour!